Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh, is this still here?

I've never been able to keep up with a diary. Never. I'm surprised I even started this blog, much less wrote more than two entires for it.

But now months and months have gone by and I'm back, because Google is always getting me to do stuff whether I like it or not.

See, my computer crashed recently, and the hard drive was not recoverable. And since I wasn't smart enough to bring my Windows CDs with me when I came to Japan, I ended up having to go with Linux as my operating system. Now, I know it probably has a fine and dandy word processor built in there, but I'm not familiar with it yet and I'm a little gunshy about losing stuff now.

Combine that with the fact that Google just integrated their word processor with Gmail and you can guess where I am typing stuff now. And after you type it, you have the opportunity to "publish" it on the internet. You have the option of publishing it somewhere and getting a link to it (which is almost assuredly gobbledygook), or publishing it to your blog. I did the latter because... I can?

I don't know why. I just felt like it. And now I think I'll probably be publishing everything I write in that processor on here. Right now it will likely just be stuff for The Drum (the Miyagi Prefecture JET Magazine that I am the Editor-in-Chief of) but who knows about later?

Doesn't matter though right? I mean, no one still reads this do they?

1 comment:

LC said...

welcome back! of course people read it........