Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So, I've had this comic book in my head for a loooong time. Actually, the genesis was when I was only 12 years old. At the time, it was pretty much an X-Men rip-off, but I think there were some good ideas in there. Over the years I kept trying to tweak the story as I got older and realized it wasn't very good. Eventually (when I was in college), I finally realized it was fundamentally flawed and I needed to completely rewrite it instead of trying to fix it. A friend (my old roommate Kevin Savage) gave me the idea of focusing on this one character, who was actually kind of minor in what I had before. That character, named Vince because he is inVINCible (come on, I was 12) has been alive since the dawn of civilization and can't die. So, the book follows him, jumping around in time and showing how he affected history and how history affected him at different times.

Well, that's what been in my head forever and ever but I never found anyone to draw it. Until I met Liesje here in Japan. She was actually excited about it and pushed me to write a couple of pages so we could do them for the Art show they hold here in Miyagi every year. The amazing thing is that I did write them and she drew them and now they exist. These are intended to be two "prequel" pages that take place right before the beginning of issue one.

We've had to put it on the back burner for now because of other things like the MAJET play, the short film we just made, and The Drum (the Miyagi magazine we work on). But it will happen. Oh yes, it will.

Anyhow, figured I'd post the two pages here. Today you get page 1. And at some point in the future I will put #2 up.

No comments: